Lisa Scarborough - Counsellor (MBACP, Dip Couns)
Are you struggling with an emotional issue or personal challenge? You do not have to face them alone. I am passionate about making a difference to people’s lives and I would like to help you live the life you want!
In a safe and nurturing counselling space, I will provide emotional support to explore what may be troubling you. I have a warm personality that will encourage you to feel at ease, listened to and never feel judged.
As a qualified Integrative Counsellor, I draw on techniques from Gestalt Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness, with the Person-Centred Approach at the core of how we will work together.
I can offer counselling support for the following issues:
- Bereavement and loss
- Stress – to include exam related and work-related stress
- PMS – self-care and coping strategies
- Making difficult life choices
- Social phobia and loneliness
- Hoarding and letting go
- Low confidence and self-esteem
- Relationship and family issues
- Anxiety and panic attacks
I can also offer you careers counselling as I have a background in mentoring and careers advice and guidance. We are in work for much of our life and it is important that we are happy and content doing what we do!
Do you feel frustrated or feel ‘stuck’ in your current work situation? I can support you to:
- Find a new pathway to give you more job satisfaction and have a happier work life
- Manage work related stress and difficult relationships at work
- Overcome issues that could be affecting your work life
- Understand how negative thoughts may be holding you back from success
- Develop your CV and cover letter
I can also support you with these work-related issues:
- Work performance stress
- Confidence issues - low self-esteem at work
- Depression and anxiety at work
- Bullying or conflict with manager/ colleagues
- Redundancy concerns
The cost per session is £40 for 60 minutes.
As well as face to face counselling I offer telephone and Skype sessions. I am flexible with the hours that I work and when I could see you.
I believe that counselling should be accessible to everyone and offer a concessionary rate if you are a student or unemployed.
I am also happy to work with student counsellors who are in training.
I can offer you a free short telephone consultation before you commit to an initial appointment.